Mydas Recruitment are specialists in sourcing candidates to the manufacturing & engineering sectors.
Due to recent expansion, our client, a leading manufacturing organisation have a requirement for a strategic procurement specialist buyer to join their well established team.
Candidates should have 5+ years experience of:
- Develop and execute Cost Savings on identified projects and specific items
• Advise & assist the Purchasing Team where necessary on a day to day basis.
• To identify suppliers, negotiate and when necessary place purchase orders, ensuring delivery promises are maintained by suppliers.
• Ability to play a lead role in Supplier contract negotiation, implementation & management
• Build strong relationships with the supplier base (SRM).
• Manage the Supplier selection process with support from SQA
• Work with DFM to obtain ‘best cost’ for all development parts.
• When necessary, expedite orders in accordance with purchase order requirements
• Maintain the programme BoM’s with purchasing information to ensure all parts being dealt with in a timely manner; drive in conjunction with engineering the drawing release process with dates to maintain project timings
• Work with the programme team (Engineering, Quality, DFM) to communicate & improve as required delivery dates for project phases.
• Maintains and promote sound relationships with suppliers and the business community
• Deal with supplier enquires and acknowledgments – Strategic
• Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
• Manage suppliers, cost, quality, and delivery performance.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded indivudal