Our client are a leading organisation in the aerospace and manufacturing supply chain, providing warehousing and distribution services. As a result of continued growth they have a requirement for an experienced operations manager to join their team.
With offices in the USA and a host of international clients, this is an excellent opportunity for a career minded individual.
- To manage the daily running of the workload and the Production teams in conjunction with Customer Demand to ensure OTD is met and all KPI’s are managed and targets met.
- Provide support to all production activities within agreed timescales and to acceptable customer satisfaction.
- Interface with all departments to ensure the smooth delivery of all company objectives
- Manage the Production teams on a daily basis including 1to1 appraisals.
- Manage the Team Leader/ and the internal Production Supervisor to ensure effective OTD of the internal supply chain.
- Manage the production schedule and Capacity Plans to provide updates as required and at production meetings.
- Ensure the customer portals are updated on a daily basis.
- Run the daily and weekly production meetings.
- Liaise with the Purchasing and Stores departments to ensure all production shortages and Kits are delivered and are fully available to the department to ensure production will commence as required.
- Liaise with the Sales team to insure the customers are updated on the delivery status of all products
- Liaise with the Despatch team to ensure all products ship when required.
- Provide the support as required to other production areas to enable the effective and efficient delivery of customer products.
- Identify, Introduce and maintain appropriate Lean Manufacturing techniques where appropriate.
- Communicate any problems or obstacles to the Operations Manager.
- Identify Improvements to process and procedures
- Be involved in and lead Business Improvement Project teams
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience managing teams within a production environment with strong motivational skills.
- Able to balance conflicting output requirements under pressure to consistently achieve results.
- Flexible approach to changing priorities, calm under pressure, shows commitment, honesty, integrity and discretion, shows strong leadership traits.
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and instructions is essential.
- The company is moving towards a paperless working environment therefore good PC skills are essential.
- At least 5 years in a production environment where similar type of work is undertaken i.e. small batch volume, low to medium value but high in mix of product typically 200 – 300 per month
- Good communications and numerical skills (written and verbal).
- Attention to detail; Problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of relevant engineering and manufacturing
- Knowledge and awareness of ISO9001 and AS9100D standards. Knowledge of AS9120 would be considered a distinct advantage.
- Management skills to develop a reactive workforce where On Time Delivery and Quality are to the fore.
- Keep up to date with current and developing trends in the manufacturing / logistics industry.
- Provide motivation, support and guidance to all employees.
- Minimum five years’ experience in manufacturing / Warehouse operations.
- Either 2+ years’ experience in a supervisory capacity and /or in possession of a recognised professional leadership / management qualification.
- I.T literate to an adequate level in the use of Microsoft Office and ERP systems.
- A willingness to undertake further related training.