Mydas Recruitment are experts in the sourcing and supply of Engineers to leading organisations.
Our client, a multinational manufacturing organisation, have a requirement for a health and safety officer to work within a multi-skilled team, at their facility close to Belfast.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded individual in a rapidly growing organisation with an international client base.
Candidates should have 2+ years experience in :
The candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating, supporting and advising the business on all aspects with regards to health and safety. As part of the role you will be expected to establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with health and safety among staff and on-site are adhered to.
• Taking control, managing and Co-Ordinating all aspects of health & safety for the company
• Maintaining and improving the companies 3rd party H&S accreditations
• Ensuring on a day to day basis H&S is up to date and in use across all staff and sites
• Ensuring the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and new and upcoming projects
• Establishing a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks
• Conducting on-site visits to complete project risk assessments and ensure health and safety compliance on new & existing project sites
• Excellent verbal & written communication skills and be comfortable liaising with and reporting to senior management within the business
• Comfortable using Microsoft packages
Candidates should have or be working towards NEBOSH or similar qualification.