Mydas Recruitment are experts in the sourcing and supply of Manufacturing Engineers to leading organisations.
Due to continued growth, our client, a global manufacturing organisation, have a requirement for a Catia design engineer to work with internal teams & clients to design ensure this is within EASA part 21 regulations.
This role is responsible for the design, review and issue of design changes based on EASA Part 21 regulations within the scope of client requirements with the goal to meet Customer expectations by producing a high quality product in an efficient and cost effective manner. Disciplines include avionics, structures and/or cabin safety.
• Preparation and development of design solutions
• Detailed review and check of designs and changes for regulatory compliance
• Liaison with customers, suppliers and OEM’s
• Represent the client professionally at a high technical level
• Liaison with production and maintenance organisations
• Promulgation of technical design documentation and solutions
• Support projects organisation in preparation of quotations for customers
• Respond to audit findings and take necessary corrective and preventive action
• Engage in design management activities and assist in meetings
• Monitor and review developments at industry level
• In depth knowledge on EASA/FAA regulations which include Part 21 (Part M and Part 145 to a lesser extent)
• In depth knowledge of EASA design standards and CS 25 regulation applicable to area of speciality
• Strong interpersonal skills and social competence, team player
• Strong communications skills, creative and innovative to always be one step ahead
• Good project management and presentation skills
• Exhibit a high level of personal integrity, thereby maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality under commercial pressure
• Engineering Degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) with 3-5 years relevant experience in a Design Engineering environment
• A Part 66 license with 5 years relevant experience including experience in a Design Engineering environment
• Other relevant experience will be considered
• Solid working experience of AutoCAD and MS Office products