Mydas Recruitment are experts in the sourcing and supply of Engineers to leading organisations.
Due to continued growth, our client, a multinational manufacturing organisation, based in Northern Ireland, have a requirement for a cost reduction engineer to work with multifunctional teams throughout the organisation, to ensure that products are delivered to meet costs, quality & schedule.
Candidates should have 2+ years experience of experience of:
- Leading cost analysis to drive cost reduction
- work collaboratively to drive design & manufacturing chance
- Develop and utilise cost modelling tools to accurately assess the cost of manufacturing and assembling components across a range of commodities
- Develop and maintain metrics to track costs across multiple programs
- Collaborate cross functionally with various stakeholders to include operations program management, manufacturing and design engineering and supply chain.
- Review proposed design changes and calculate impact to cost
- Support new product introduction deliverables and program reviews
- Engage with suppliers and supply chain to review quotes and costs against calculated costs
- Work collaboratively with design engineering, supply chain and internal and external suppliers to achieve program target costs
- Challenge existing design concepts, material selections and technology choices to ensure products are designed to optimize cost and quality
- Assist in driving cultural change in design/sourcing practices and standardisation to enable significant product cost savings
Candidates should have strong data analysis, cost reduction, manufacturing processes & Microsoft tools.
This is an excellent opportunity for a career minded individual in a dynamic, fast growing industry. Supported by a multinational organisation.