Mydas Recruitment are experts in the sourcing and supply of Engineers to leading organisations.
Due to continued growth, our client, a multinational wind energy organisation have a requirement for a certification engineer to work with multifunctional teams throughout the organisation, to ensure that products and programmes are delivered to meet costs, quality & schedule. The role will be based in client offices in London (there may be a requirement to visit site in the UK).
Candidates should have 5+ years experience in a similar role, either directly or indirectly with wind or renewable energy sector:
- Manage and maintain the Certification contract with the IVB (inspection authorities) to assure both parties do comply with the corresponding obligations.
- ensure projects are in compliance with relevant national laws. OWF shall be double checked to mitigate risks resulting from unidentified scope gaps.
- Conclude the certification work packages and respective tasks as defined in the statement of works.
- Ensure the closure of CRS and reports as well as gathering the certificates, SoC’s, etc. so the project has proof of the certification works performed and the requirements fulfilled.
- Advise on potential overlaps, synergies, risks, and opportunities resulting from the engagement of multiple independent 3rd parties in the project (e.g., Marine Warranty etc.).
- Interpret, explain, and illustrate the certification requirements to the affected project packages and support them in identifying the deliverables needed to fulfil the IVB SoW.
- Manage the transfer of documentation between the IVB contractor and the project packages.
- Flag, track, communicate and close potential conditions imposed by the IVB.
- Challenge non-justified requests, requirements or conditions raised by the IVB.
- Organise and attend calls, meetings, and site inspections as required.
- Report status, progress, and risks with regards to IVB scope, costs, or programme to the Engineering Manager and other members of the project team as required.
- Provide advice and support to the project teams in case additional deliverables are needed from the IVB (e.g., approval of Technical Queries, issuance of Design Appraisal Documents, etc.)
- Ensure that all communication, assessment, advice, and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures and industry best practice.
Long term contract
Work from home element available