Mydas Recruitment are specialists in sourcing candidates to the manufacturing & engineering sectors.
Due to recent expansion, our client, a leading manufacturing organisation have a requirement for a senior buyer to join their well established team.
Candidates should have experience of:
- Issuing RFP’s
- Analysing responses
- Supplier negotiation
• Preparing and issuing requests for proposals
• Managing multi-discipline interfaces to ensure EACs, cost reduction targets and procurement objectives are met.
• Identifying and managing suppliers
• Establishing and negotiating purchase contracts.
• Monitoring / managing supplier performance.
• Executing cost and cash containment initiatives and financial commitment.
• Executing and supporting key strategies for Sourcing.
• Identifying opportunities for waste elimination
• Must be able to work in a multi-functional team
Must be self guided & able to manage several projects
• A minimum of an HNC or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CPIM, CIPS)
• Minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience within Material Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement etc. Candidates with lesser qualifications but with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience within Material Logistics, Supply Chain, Procurement etc. will also be considered.
• Candidates must be able to demonstrate good communication skills
• Knowledge of an MRP Planning System is essential
Long term contract available, competitive rate.